The New American Remodeled Home® 2017 (TNARH) is a symbol of energy efficiency and innovation. It exceeds the requirements for Emerald-level certification to the National Green Building Standard™. The home will also be certified by EPA’s Energy Star program, the Indoor airPLUS program and DOE’s Zero Energy Ready Home program.
Featuring cutting-edge products from manufacturers all over the world, TNARH boasts a HERS Index of 45 and will provide more than $1,500 in annual energy savings to the homeowner. Its energy-efficient features are ideal for virtually any home in hot-humid climates and can deliver similar energy savings.
One of the home’s most noteworthy characteristics is the air tightness of its thermal shell, which is designed to keep unwanted outdoor air from en¬tering the home. Features include:
- Unvented and air-sealed attic with an average R-20 Icynene Open-Cell Spray Foam System
- Ply-Gem windows and patio doors with low-e coating and argon gas fill limit solar heat gain
- Openings and penetrations sealed to achieve 3.29 natural air changes under blower door testing at 50 Pa
- Core-Fill 500 and Fi-Foil M-Shield wall insulation system on exterior masonry walls (R-13.2)
- Large overhangs aid in protecting the home from the harsh Florida sun
- All-white exterior, including white Boral concrete roof tiles, to reflect sunlight and help keep the home cool
HVAC – Lennox XP21 two-stage, variable speed, 16.5-18 SEER heat pumps provide added efficiency and quietness. And Honeywell’s automated damper system enables optimal zoning temperature control.
Hot Water – Bosch’s gas tankless water heaters produce an energy factor of 0.95 and feature an automated bypass for excellent water temperature stability.
Electrical – 100% of the interior and exterior lamps are energy-efficient LED lights, and all appliances are Energy Star®-rated.